Friday, December 01, 2006

Let's Dance


Tonight I am going dancing. Well I'm going to a club, but I'm actually going to dance.No hugging the wall for this sista. No scanning the room waiting for the one to ask me. The thing about me is I don't need a partner to get my groove on. I need a beat. I don't have time to sit around and wait.I'm not holding any pocketbooks. My girls think I'm crazy but, if I wanted to sit and watch other people dance I could stay home and watch Soultrain.

I can smell the rain though. When it rains my knees act a fool. I may be two-stepping but I'll be moving. I will never understand all that preparation to sit in a chair all night. Back in the day I never sat down. For one, there was no where to sit in those crowded house parties. And two, I didn't have much time. I had a twelve o'clock curfew so I had to get as much partying in as possible. I'd dance alone, with a partner, my girls, it didn't matter. If I danced alone nobody thought it was strange.

We had the dances to master. I didn't do the alligator though. There was too much dirty in that dance for me. Never did the break dancing thing either. We had a good time. Isn't that the point? You go out with your peeps and have a good time. Relax,cut-up a little bit. I see some mean looks when I go out, just angry. Why be there if you have to look that way? I want to ask "What's the matter honey? Are your shoes too tight?"

They won't steal my joy though. I'm going to dance until my knees say, I better sit down. Then I'll chair dance. Hopefully these people will get up for something besides the electric slide . It's Friday y'all!, put on your red shoes and Dance!,Dance!,Dance!

2 comments:

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Good Morning Sister Wendy, Happy Friday.

Go do your thang!

My home girl and I went out last night by accident, and when she and I go out we never dance with anyone. We always pick a spot, stand side by side, and do our thing like we work for the club or something.

Hahahaaa

And let me tell you, she and I are some sistas with asses! And we can move more then move itself. All eyes are on us at the clubs.

What in the world is the alligator??

Wendy said...

Jenelly you know I did. The Alligator was a danced that involved getting on the floor and bumping and grinding and grinding and bumping and more grinding. It was nasty honey. That one needed to go away.