Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Time Of My Life

Christmas has come and gone. I hope each of you had a wonderful holiday. I don't know what I did to blogger. It takes forever to log in on this Beta. Hopefully the kinks will be worked out soon.
My sister brought her germs with her from Philly. She is all better now though and I am coughing and sneezing. My family is a trip, full of comedians who truly missed their calling. Dinner was great for the most part. Even though I got blamed for burning up the cornbread, it was actually my sister who was responsible. Now I did slightly ( ever so) slightly burn the top of the mac and cheese. But, I can explain see what had happened was...it was still good. My father used his camcorder the entire day into the next. So much so, by today we were like "Are you filming us again." You just gotta love him. My family enjoyed all the gifts they received. My niece is into wrestling this year. She's eight and going through a boy phase so she practically stepped on the dolls we bought her to get to the wrestling game my brother got her. He also bought her boxing gloves. They are bigger than she is.

I went to see Dreamgirls. If you haven't gone, go!!! This was a great movie. I restrained myself from singing all the songs. Everyone did an excellent job with their character. Jennifer Hudson's rendition of And I am telling you ,will bring tears to your eyes. Miss Hudson did her damn thing!!!

We lost James Brown and Micheal Evans( the 1st Lionel on The Jeffersons) and former President Ford. My prayers to their families and friends. I also have a blog friend who lost her mother on Christmas. I cannot even imagine her pain. May they all rest in peace.

You ever just look at your people and thank God that you are related to them? That's how I feel, blessed to know them. Grateful that God chose this crazy bunch for me.

1 comment:

Luke Cage said...

Amen to that fine post miss Wendy. Home going services for the immortal James and the sad passing for Michael Evans (I didn't know he was the inspiration to the Mike Evans on Good Times)- I could never relate to the second Lionel even though he did a decent job.

I just recently looked at a few family members and truly DID thank God that I was related to them. What a fine feeling that is indeed luv. Have a great remainder to your week and an even greater New Year !