Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Long Walk



I walked a mile yesterday. I haven't walked since Thanksgiving. Talk about struggling, you would think I walked 20. With the weather change I'm finding it harder to get out there, although there is a track across the street from my home. I hate cold weather. The whole point of moving south was to get away from it. It seems it has followed me here. We don't get Long Island cold, but it gets cold.



As I was walking and thinking, I noticed a young woman there with her child. She had strapped the child into a stroller and was walking circles literally, around me. I thought, what dedication. At that point I felt ashamed of myself for not having this drive. I get so lazy sometimes. I find myself thinking of excuses to not exercise. I don't care what anyone says, I will never love to work out. This always happens when I've lost, I start slacking. Talking myself into thinking I'm not that fat. All of the people I started walking with have fallen off months ago. Of course they only needed to lose 10-20 pounds in the first place. But this young woman has inspired me. The more I watched this woman speed walk with her child the more I knew I had to keep this regiment up. So I am re-dedicating myself to me!

In other news ....Is anyone using the new Blogger Beta? Is it really any better than the old version.. Every time I log in it's thrown into my face.Let me know if you are using this newer version.

I've added my favorite Christmas song to this blog. Hearing this one always puts me in a good holiday, spirit-filled mood. Donny Hathaway's This Christmas...Enjoy!

Did anyone catch Mary J on the Billboard awards yesterday? She did her thing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy that you are taking steps-baby steps-, but at least you're moving. :-D

I love walking, I went walking last night, I walked 2 miles.

During the summer when I was really working at my weightloss I walked 4 miles in 45 minutes EVERY WEEKDAY!!

Girl I was on a roll!! Hahaha

Well all my walking and dieting paid off. Check out this post. http://jenellybean.blogspot.com/2006/10/oh-how-i-miss-blogging.html
Maybe I can be a motivator to you too.

Very happy you're re-dedicating yourself to you. That's an honorable commitment.

You will love my Keeping it Healthy Wednesday Post, that I will be putting up tomorrow.


I'm using the new blogger and its nothing really serious. You can add labels to your post to keep things more organized and posting new posts seems to be faster. I have a non-blogger template, so some of the things don't show up on my blog, but I say go for it--don't fear advancement.

Sister Wendy, I just want to tell you that I really enjoy reading your blog. I check you everyday (if you havent noticed) and I'm always excited when you have a new post up.

We definately have to meet if ever I'm in NC. My brother lives there and I may be taking a trip there to steal my neice.
:-D

Blu Jewel said...

Wanna hear something ironic? I hate working out, but I love to walk. Until a few months ago, I used to walk an hour a day and it felt great. It was both a way to get some exercise and to clear my head. In doing this, I lost 12lbs to boot.

Take your time and be patient with yourself and all things will fall into place.

Haven't checked out the new Blogger, but know what you mean about it being thrown in your face all the time.

Wendy said...

Jenelly- Thanks for the motivation. I've already lost 20 but my goal is 40-50. I started getting slack as soon as people started noticing, so I need all the encouragement I can get.I will definitely be checking the page on Wednesdays! As you can see I have been blogging for a minute. There are years here without a comment.I am always happy to see you took time out of your day to stop by, and so glad you enjoy my words. Yes,we must meet someday. I was serious about those recipes if you know any please send them to me.

BluJewel-I walked all summer long it's just the cold. When I get home I don't want to go back out there. Plus with the time change I don't have as much sunlight. Pray for me. Thank you for adding me to your roll!

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GURLLL!!

20 POUNDS IS DEFINATELY A BIG DEAL!!

What do you weigh now, if you don't mind me asking?

I'll set the ground--I was 215lbs now Im 175lbs

I have tons of recipes. The only thing will be typing them up, but I can do that for a good friend.

Wendy said...

Honey you are asking questions I can only answer in an email!LOL. Let's put it this way. If I weighed 175 right now, I'd be walking around like I was Janet Jackson!