Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Self Destruction

Here goes my rant- I went to see Jackass 2. No I haven't seen Jackass 1. I should have known anything with Jackass in the title would not be funny. First, I would like to point out that it was not my choice. I would also like to point out that I did not drive. If I had, I would have only saw the first 10 minutes of this movie. What the hell is going on? I mean there is actually a market for buffoons to make money doing all kinds of outrageous, nasty, dangerous shit TWICE!! I couldn't bear to watch parts of this movie. I have never snuck into a movie, but I found myself wanting to sneak into another one last night.

I always felt if you have a venue where you could reach millions, say something positive.Do something positive. That's just me. These idiots, well I might as well call them genius because they have actually gotten away with this mess. TWICE!! used the call to act like fools, prancing around half naked doing a bunch of idiotic, juvenile pranks.This is not funny to me. I understand some guys really love this but why? Seeing people hurt or try to hurt themselves is not funny. It's sick, demented, twisted.It's a a call for help. These men should be put away for their own good. However,being that these movies have been successful, it only reinforces the fact that morals have gone to hell with gasoline drawz on. Anything goes, it's such a sad state of affairs.

I would caution parents to not let their children watch this one. I understand you cannot be everywhere, but if at all possible. Keep this one of out the home. I hate to think of a child watching this movie somewhere. I can guarantee that I will be choosing the next movie.This one lived up to it's name and wasn't even worth the two hours I can never get back from my life or the 1.50.

5 comments:

Blu Jewel said...

I've often wondered what possesses grown men to perform the foolish acts that they do. Moreso, what do they gain from it. I agree that they are doing a disservice to the kids who watch it because they are easily led. I hope that parents censor what their children are watching before they try to recreate what they see.

Luke Cage said...

I saw the first one on cable somewhere and laughed my azz off. But I know I wouldn't want to see a sequel. The fact that they were able to capitalize on the first and make a second is bonkers to me.

My wife was grossed out at the first one too. These cats appeal to the MTV crowd. Bunch of young stuntmen doing crude stuff to themselves, not to mention the vomiting, peeing and... heck, I don't have to tell you. You get the point luv.

Sorry you lost 2 hours of your life and can't get it back. But I think you are a resourceful honey. Think of something! I think reparations are in order -smile

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

When I was younger I used to watch Jackass on MTV and at first I thought it was hilarious...

Then one day I turned it on and started to cringe...

I've never seen Jackass 1 or 2 and now I won't. -- Thanks for the warning sister Wendy

Wendy said...

Blu- I'm convinced these guys hear voices.They need help!

Luke- LOL!!There should be something I can do legally! Unfortunately they have rights too. I will just never watch them again. I wish I had a Remote Like Adam Sadler in Click.

Jenelly- No problem J. It was a bit much for me. Parents need to block them out.

Anonymous said...

The guys who perform these stunts are nuts. However, the guys who finance the effort to send it to the big screen are even worse. What a waste.