Saturday, November 11, 2006

Sunshine

I was saddened yesterday and shocked at the death of Gerald Levert. He and I are the same age. I don't know anyone my age that has passed and it bought my own mortality home. I cannot imagine my parents having to go through what his family is. The local radio station decided to honor him by playing his songs. I listened for awhile then had to turn it off when they played " Wind Beneath My Wings". It was just to depressing for me to listen to. I understand that we all must leave here at some point, I just don't think about it too often.

I have been blessed. I know this. I haven't had to deal with the trauma of death. I have only had to attend one funeral in my life. I can't dwell on this too long.When it's your time, it's your time and there is nothing you can do about it. So I am renewed in life and spirit. Thankful again for all that I have, for the ability to have it. I can only strive to be the best me I can be. Richard Pryor as Mud Bone said Always put a little sunshine on your face.

Today I did.

No comments: