Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Mr. Telephone Man

Appointment: A meeting set for a specific time or place; A fixed mutual agreement for a meeting

I decided to try digital phone technology. I mean it can't be beat for the price and I knew I would save a lot in long distance. The problem is actually getting it connected. I don't know what it is about cable services nationwide, they think you have nothing better to do with your time than wait on them. Between 8-12 or 1-5. Who has time for that? I had to reschedule twice. There won't be a strike three( As DMX would say). What they should say is:

Thank you for calling XYZ cable. We appreciate your business. We apologize for any inconvenience in advance because you will be inconvenienced. We have two scheduled appointment times. Or should we say timeframes for one of our technicians to grace your home with their presence. Please keep in mind that although we say 8-12 or 1-5, we don't really mean it.That timeframe is not guaranteed. Our techs may or may not show up depending on whether they feel like it or not. We just need you to sit put, it's only 4 hours. In other words wait and see. We do not care if you need to go to work, run errands,or any other matter because quite frankly you called us. Now with that said, how can we help you today?

If they just put it out there like that you can make your own decision from jump.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehehe

Not funny, I know. But your messagee from them had me cracking up.