Sunday, November 19, 2006

Open Up My Heart

-Just one word can make a difference in what I do Lord

Ever have a pastor deliver a sermon you needed? Right after he announced what the sermon is about you thought he'was going to point and say, " This is for you so, pay attention." I'm stubborn though. I sometimes don't want to hear it. That inner voice, the doubting Thomas,that makes you turn a deaf ear to the truth. I've been concerned about a few things recently. I won't go into detail, just life lessons. I've learned that God always answers prayers. Always. The answer comes sometimes as soon as we pray. As soon as you get up you know. But we don't listen, we want to wait and see if another answer is coming. If you pray harder that he will change his mind. Kind of like when I was a child and continued to beg my parents for something, hoping against hope that the negative answer would change. Finally my mother would have enough and she would say " Not another word." Then give me the look.Trust me, that would be the end of that.

Being the human I am, I sometimes need God to give me the look. His final word on the subject. Then I know what has to be done. I find myself saying aloud "Okay Father, I get it." Whenever I go against what's in my heart, and with my hard head it's not right. And,we all know what a hard head gets ( Or at least used to get back in the day). I have no one to blame because I got the answer and ignored it. But I'm thankful for his final word. Whether it be yes or no. For him taking the time to listen, to his spoiled, stubborn child. So thankful that He guides me until I'm sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so easy to accept the answer that we were looking for. But when we get the other answer ... not so much. I guess that's part of growing up. Being able to accept the good and the not-so-good.

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

I have no one to blame because I got the answer and ignored it.


The whole world needs to follow this creed.